The Clinical Support Team was established in 2021 to support all healthcare support workers that work for MCHFT. We work alongside the Practice Education Facilitator (PEF) team to support induction, ongoing training and completion of the Care Certificate.
The Clinical Support Team works closely with ward managers and bank staff to help guide new starters and offer ongoing clinical support to HCAs.
Some of the training initiatives we offer include:
- Two-day induction programme for new starters, including both theory and practical knowledge
- Guidance and assessment for completion of the Care Certificate
- Dedicated ‘Care Certificate’ days to accelerate completion of the training
- Small bite-size HCA skill sessions on topics such as End of Life, Teamwork, Fluid Balance and Sepsis Awareness
- Bank Buddies to assist bank staff members new to a clinical area
- Opportunity to become a Care Certificate Assessor
- Support and signposting for career pathway progression
- Partnership with the Princes’ Trust Foundation to offer an ‘Introduction to Healthcare’ training
There was a problem retrieving the tweets.