The Cardio-Respiratory and Vascular Diagnostics department at Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust aims to provide high quality non-invasive cardiovascular and respiratory diagnostic care to patients that have had or are suspected of having cardiovascular or respiratory disorders.
Our department works closely alongside consultants, specialist nurses, general practitioners and other healthcare professionals to deliver services that include:
- 12 lead Electrocardiography (ECG)
- Transthoracic echocardiography (TTE)
- Bubble and contrast echocardiography
- Multi-day ambulatory ECG Monitoring and Analysis
- 24 Blood Pressure Monitoring
- Exercise Tolerance Testing (ETT)
- Pacemaker follow-up clinics
- Spirometry with/without reversibility studies
- Full Lung Function testing including gas diffusion and lung volume measurements
- Respiratory muscle function testing
- 6 Minute Walk tests
- Overnight pulse oximetry
- Limited sleep studies
- Arterial and venous ultrasound scans (carotid doppler and DVT assessment)
- Ankle brachial pressure index assessment (ABPI) with/without exercise
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) surveillance scans
The Cardio-Respiratory department is located on the ground floor within Leighton Hospital directly opposite the pharmacy. It can be easily accessed from both the Main entrance and the Out-Patients Reception Hall and is sign-posted as Cardio-Respiratory/ECG.
The vascular ultrasound department is situated near to the main outpatient hall and can be found by following the signs for the X-ray department.
Monday - Friday 8:00 – 18:00
Saturday 8:00 – 16:00 (booked outpatient appointments only)