eCards are a great way to let your friend or relative know you are thinking about them while they are in hospital. This free service is available for any inpatient currently at Leighton Hospital in Crewe.
Once received, your card will be hand delivered to your friend or relative between Monday to Friday (9am-5pm). The information you provide will not be used for any other purposes. Confidential and/or sensitive information should not be sent. By sending an eCard you are agreeing to our Terms and Conditions which you can find below.
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has developed moderation rules to help you to contact your family and friends using these eCards. They're not an attempt to censor or stifle you. Instead, they aim to protect you and our patients from inappropriate messages.
We will print and deliver all eCards in an envelope, but we reserve the right not to deliver a card where we believe that the comments may be defamatory or may not be welcomed by your intended recipient.
It may not be possible to deliver incomplete forms so please ensure you complete all fields marked with an asterix.
What moderation means
Moderation means that every eCard is read before it is printed and delivered to your recipient. The Trust will treat all information in the strictest confidence, and will sometimes decide that it is not appropriate to deliver an eCard submitted through this website for the reasons set out below.
Moderation is not an exact science. The moderators will exercise a degree of flexibility and common sense. Their job is to ensure that patients only receive messages that are welcomed and acceptable.
The moderators will use these rules, so please read them carefully
- Defamatory comments - You should not include defamatory comments. These are comments that are capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation. If successfully sued you could be held liable for considerable damages and costs.
- Promotional messages and advertising - You should not include messages that seek to promote specific products or services. This rule is included to protect this service from unsolicited messages from commercial organisations.
- Comments that incite crime - Do not incite people to commit any crime, including incitement of racial hatred.
- Threats - Comments containing threats of public fear, terrorist threats or threats towards other individuals will not appear.
- Copyright - Do not include information that you don't own the copyright to.
- Unlawful messages - Do not write comments that are unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented or racially offensive.
- Spamming/multiple posting/flooding - Do not try to post the same thing several times. This mainly applies to people called 'spammers' who may try to overload the site.
- Abusive language - A message with swearing in it will be deleted automatically. Please don't use profanities or other words which might offend the staff who deliver the messages, or the people receiving them.
- Personal information - Remember that your eCard will need to be read and delivered by a member of NHS staff, so you may wish to avoid including personal information that you do not wish to be shared with the staff who provide this service.
- Nicknames and impersonation - Please provide a full name and avoid using nicknames, and do not be offended if we contact you to seek to confirm your identity.
- Misrepresentation - By sending an eCard you are confirming that you are who you say you are, and that to the best of your knowledge your message will be welcomed by the person who will receive it.
- Privacy - If you supply your e-mail details we will only use this information to contact you about your message. The information will be deleted after your message has been delivered. Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.