Employing almost 10% of the workforce, the Estates & Facilities Division forms an integral part of the Trust's service to its patients, families and visitors and is often cited as providing the invisible services of the NHS.
Estates & Facilities provide all the support services required to maintain and enhance the estate, as well as providing services which support patient care. Departments within the Division include:
- Capital Development - deliver a multi-million-pound programme of schemes, from essential engineering and space utilisation to ward refurbishments and newbuilds.
- Estates (Building Services) - cover mechanical and electrical maintenance, utilities management, plumbing, painting and decorating, sustainability, EV charging and non-emergency patient transport.
- Medical Engineering and Specialist Services - maintenance and repair of all patient-connected medical equipment.
- Facilities - provides day-to-day management and monitoring of a whole range of services which proactively support clinical and non-clinical departments across the Trust, including: accommodation, bed management, car parking management, catering and food outlets, domestic services, laundry services, portering, post room, security and waste management.
- Health and Safety - Health and Safety is at the heart of MCHFT and plays a key role in everything we do.
- Admin Office - the main Estates & Facilities admin office is the central point of contact for contractors and visitors to the Division.