The Dementia team are dedicated to improving services for people living with dementia and their carers during their contact with Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust.
- To identify if people are experiencing memory difficulties and refer them to their GP for consideration for specialist memory assessment
- To offer additional support to individuals living with dementia throughout their hospital journey
- To work alongside staff in clinical areas to ensure that carers of people living with dementia feel listened to and involved in the care being provided
- To ensure that carers receive relevant information and are signposted to other support that is available to them
- To support staff to access training and education about dementia and how it effects the person and their family/carers
- To raise staff awareness of dementia and the importance of person centred care planning
- To reduce the number of ward moves for people living with dementia
- To keep length of stay in hospital to a minimum
- To elicit feedback from people living with dementia and their carers and use this to improve service provision
- To liaise with other organisations to support people both in and out of hospital
Dementia Action Plan
The Trust has developed an action plan in association with the Dementia Action Alliance (DAA). Further details regarding this are available on the DAA website (external website, link opens in new window).
If you need any information, advice or support prior to or during your stay in hospital, please contact:
Hayley Turner, Dementia Specialist nurse
Direct line: 01270 826318