At Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, our top priority remains to provide the highest quality care and experience for our patients and to ensure the wellbeing of our dedicated staff, who have been exemplary throughout the pandemic.
Against a complex backdrop, the Trust has developed a new five-year strategy, working closely with our staff and our highly valued healthcare partners. We are also conscious of further significant changes across the NHS, with a revised approach to system working and emerging legislative requirements.
The new strategy was approved by the Trust Board in October 2021.
- Health and care needs have changed - more complex, multi-issue presentations
- The current system doesn't work for many of these patients anymore
- Communities have very different needs and choices
- We have a shared ambition for local place-based care with partners
- Analysed our population in detail
- Looked at their health and care needs, their behaviours and how they access care
- Segmented our population using all data
- Services need to adapt to complement the population
Key areas of development
- Build back healthier
- Embrace technology
- Inspire the workplace
- Champion partnerships
- Leadership commitments