Monday, August 6, 2012
Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (MCHFT) is inviting members of the public to have their say in a consultation on the equality objectives of their local hospitals.
Following a previous consultation earlier in 2012, the Trust adopted two overarching equality and diversity objectives which focused on improving health in the local community whilst reducing health inequalities, and improving levels of staff satisfaction whilst reducing areas of inequality in staff satisfaction.
To support these two objectives, MCHFT’s Equality and Diversity Committee has identified five possible additional objectives, and would like stakeholders, such as members of the local community, to share their views. The suggested additional objectives are:
- To develop satisfaction monitoring for patients with visual impairment in partnership with IRIS (a local charity for the visually-impaired);
- To develop indicators of patient experiences linked to post code as proxy for deprivation (for example, length of stay, readmission, mortality, did not attend appointment);
- To commence analysis of patient satisfaction by age, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation;
- To reduce gaps in equality information and data;
- To reduce differences in staff satisfaction between staff with long term conditions, health problems or disabilities, and staff without long term conditions, health problems or disabilities.
Speaking about the consultation, Jon Workman, Head of Equality, Diversity and Human Rights at MCHFT, said: “As an NHS organisation which provides health services to the local population, we are keen to involve members of the public, as well as our other stakeholders, in our plans to help reduce health inequalities in the area. I would therefore like to encourage people to accept our invitation to provide us with their views on our proposed objectives.”
More information on the objectives is available online by visiting www.mcht.nhs.uk/equalityconsultation. All comments are requested to be sent to Jon Workman by emailing email@example.com by Friday, August 31, 2012.